What to Do If You Suspect Your Child Is Being Abused at a Georgia Day Care Facility
As a parent, it is impossible for you to be with your child 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You have responsibilities as a parent and often times, your responsibilities lead the way to leaving your child at a reputable day care facility.
However, there have been instances of day care child abuse in facilities that are known to be responsible and safe. If you suspect your child is suffering from day care abuse, you need to contact an experienced and compassionate Atlanta abuse and neglect attorney.
Our team at Allen & Scofield Injury Lawyers, LLC can help investigate your child’s case and if there is an instance of abuse, make sure that your child is removed from the harmful situation and receives the justice they deserve.
Signs of Day Care Child Abuse
As a parent, you should watch out for some common signs of child abuse. These include but are not limited to:
- Your child shows physical bruises and marks when they come home. If your child comes home with bruises and other marks on their body after day care, this is an apparent sign of day care child abuse and you should remove them from the facility immediately.
- Your child is always hungry or thirsty. This is a sign that the day care is not providing adequate food or water to the children.
- Cleaning supplies and small objects are easily within your child’s reach. If these objects are easy for your child to access, this is a sign of negligence. If cleaning supplies are consumed, your child can be seriously harmed and small objects, such as push pins, can lead to serious injuries in children.
- The day care premises appear unsafe. The day care is unsafe if the premises are rundown, there is broken glass in random places, and worn down playground equipment.
- Your child’s behavior changes. If your child’s behavior changes and they become withdrawn, this can be a sign of mistreatment at the day care and should be addressed immediately.
Steps to Take If Your Child is Being Abused at Day Care
If you believe that your child is being abused at day care in Georgia, it is important to take the right steps to ensure your child stays safe and that the right person or entity is held responsible. As soon as possible, you should:
- Find another day care facility – If you believe your child is being abused at day care, your first step should be to remove them from the situation and switch to another facility right away.
- Take Your Child to the Doctor – It is important to have your child thoroughly examined by a physician so they can help to identify and professionally document signs of abuse.
- Contact an Atlanta abuse and neglect lawyer – Your child should not have to suffer when they were meant to be in safe place while their parents are away. It is vital to ensure that your child receives the justice they deserve and ensure that other children are also not harmed by the same person or entity. Therefore, contact a skilled attorney right away to investigate your case and fight for your child’s rights.
Call Allen & Scofield Injury Lawyers, LLC
Our team at Allen & Scofield Injury Lawyers, LLC is here for you and your child after suffering from day care abuse in Georgia. We will thoroughly investigate your child’s case and craft a strong defense on their behalf. Our goal is to hold the party that wronged your child fully responsible for their actions.
Contact our firm right away if you believe your child is suffering from abuse. We offer free consultations all the time, so set yours up by calling (404) 419-6674 or filling out our online contact form.