Common Causes of Burn Injuries
Suffering from a burn injury is a traumatic experience. Other than being in serious pain, burn injuries also lead to significant medical bills, time off of work, and long-term recovery. Many burn injuries have similar causes. Learn more about the common causes of burn injuries by reading below.
If you suffered from a burn injury, our team at Allen & Scofield Injury Lawyers, LLC is here to help you. We understand how difficult and painful burn injuries are. We also understand how unfair it is to suffer a burn injury due to no fault of your own. Our Atlanta burn injury lawyers can assist you with your fight for compensation and justice.
What Leads to Burn Injuries?
While there are a variety of causes of burn injuries, several are more common than others. These include the following:
- Car Accidents – Sustaining a car crash leads to a burn injury when the car lights on fire due to gasoline igniting.
- Faulty Products – Defective and faulty products lead to burn injuries when there is a mechanical issue within, causing a fire. It is important to note that gas explosions also are common causes of burn injuries due to propone tanks, gas furnaces, and water heaters.
- House Fires – The National Fire Protection Association stated there were approximately 95,000 fires in apartments in 2011, leading to 4,425 injuries.
- Workplace fires – According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were 123 fatal burn injuries in the workplace in 2017 alone.
- Electrocutions and Electric Shock – These are common when a worker or individual is exposed to electrical wires either at home or on a worksite. Electric shock often leads to respiratory and cardiovascular damage, which often leads to death.
- Chemical Burns – Chemical burns occur either in the home or workplace when individuals expose themselves to dangerous, corrosive chemicals, such as bleach, concrete mix, pool chlorinators, and more.
The above injuries can be caused due to no fault of your own. Depending on your burn injury, a manufacturing company, landlord, or workplace could be held accountable and responsible for your injuries. That’s why it is imperative to contact an Atlanta burn injury attorney after sustaining a burn injury to understand your legal options during this difficult and complex time.
Contact Allen & Scofield Injury Lawyers, LLC Right Away
Burn injuries cause great pain and suffering. More so, burn injuries caused due to the negligence of another individual or entity lead to even more stress and misery. That is where Allen & Scofield Injury Lawyers, LLC come in. Our team of skilled Atlanta burn injuries attorneys possess many years of experience fighting for those harmed and injured as the direct result of someone else.