Common Car Accident Injuries
Every year thousands of drivers are involved in car accidents across Atlanta and its surrounding areas.
Your story begins with a free, no-risk consultation. Call (404) 419-6674 today, or fill out the online form below.
The Atlanta metro area has some of the heaviest traffic congestion in the United States. Our cars are always traveling on busy roads and highways along with large trucks and buses. While most drivers obey the basis safety rules of the road, it only takes one reckless driver to cause a devastating accident.
Serious car accident injuries typically require many months or years of medical treatment. During that time period, you might be completely unable to work. You family might quickly burn through its savings to cover its basic living costs and your medical expenses.
The Atlanta car accident lawyers at Allen & Scofield Injury Lawyers, LLC are here to help ease your suffering and recover compensation after a car accident that you deserve for your losses. We have the time, dedication, and resources to obtain justice for you and your family.
Types of Car Accident Injuries
Car accident victims can suffer a wide range of physical and mental ailments following a collision depending upon the severity of the impact.
The most common car accident injuries are:
- Neck and back damage – Spinal cord and vertebrae injuries can cause years of pain and suffering. Sometimes, the damage is permanent. Additionally, whiplash neck and back pain after car accidents sometimes take days or weeks to manifest itself.
- Broken or fractured bones – Broken bones can cause serious external or internal bleeding. They also typically take months to heal. Sometimes, victims never regain the mobility or strength that they had prior to suffering the broken bone.
- Punctures and lacerations – Cuts to your skin can be very painful and cause significant bleeding. Proper medical attention is needed to make sure that a serious cut fully heals.
- Internal bleeding and organ damage – Internal blood loss can quickly become fatal. It also may be difficult to notice that organs are damaged by hard impacts or cuts caused by bone. Therefore, you should always go to the emergency room after a car collision to undergo medical imaging scans on your internal organs.
- Joint damage – Many car accident victims have dislocated or shattered joints that may require extensive surgical repair. Knee and hip injuries are common in serious wrecks and sometimes requires joint replacement surgery.
- Post-Traumatic stress – Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) can take days or weeks to show up in those who suffered through a very violent accident. Recovery often requires extensive professional therapy.
Dangerous Roads And Intersections In Atlanta
The deadliest traffic collisions occur most frequently on busy roads and highways. However, many terrible wrecks also happen on small rural or neighborhood roads. Those roads are often not maintained as well as busy roads. Additionally, some drivers drive more carelessly on rural roads because they falsely sense that they are safer on roads with less traffic.
Driveways and parking lots are also the sites of more collisions than you’d might expect. Many times in densely packed parking lots, drivers have difficulty seeing other vehicles or pedestrians when they pull in and out of parking spaces.
Fulton County is home to over 50,000 car accidents every year. The traffic areas associated with the most catastrophic car collisions include intersections, highway ramps, and construction zones. Devastating wrecks occur throughout the Atlanta area, but some of the most dangerous spots include:
- Memorial Drive and Hairston Road in Stone Mountain – That large intersection is the site of many accidents every year. Some of those collisions cause serious injuries. Those two large roads do not intersect at a 90-degree angle which can make it difficult for cars to identify cross-traffic as they approach the intersection.
- Campbelltown Road and Barge Road in Atlanta – That intersection is immediately west of the off-ramps for Interstate 285. Many vehicles merge and turn there and they do not always drive at safe speeds.
- Cobb Parkway and Barrett Parkway in Kennesaw – Drivers are often distracted by shops and parking lot entrances when they approach that intersection. Furthermore, the turns there are usually not wide enough to safely handle the heavy traffic.
- Panola Road and Covington Highway in Lithonia – That intersection is complicated because there are multiple entrances to various gas stations and parking lots in the immediate vicinity of the intersection. If a driver is distracted while approaching that intersection, he will not know where to safely turn until it is too late.
How A Lawyer Can Help If You Have Been Injured In A Car Accident
If you have been in a wreck, it’s important to get to safety as soon as possible and then call for emergency medical help. Even if you believe that your injury is minor, you should still seek immediate medical treatment to be certain that you don’t have a serious injury that you’re overlooking, such as a concussion or blood clot. Slight pain and soreness in your neck and back following a car collision can become excruciatingly painful in a matter of days. Chronic lower back pain following a car accident will not get better without ongoing medical treatment.
Next, you should call a car accident lawyer. With skilled legal representation, you will increase your chances of obtaining the fair compensation you deserve. Our car accident legal team at Allen & Scofield Injury Lawyers, LLC will make sure that the insurance company doesn’t take advantage of you so that you can resolve your case for its true value.
We can help you recover damages for your:
- Medical bills – Your injuries must immediately be evaluated and treated by medical professionals, and the responsible party should cover those costs. Even simple soreness or shoulder pain after a car accident can get much worse if it isn’t treated.
- Lost wages – The negligent party that caused your accident is responsible for paying you the wages that you lost due to your inability to work. Car accident injuries often cause victims to lose months of wages due to decreased productivity or a complete inability to work.
- Emotional distress – You may be able to recover damages for treatment required due to PTSD. Car accident injury settlement amounts are not capped in Georgia, so there is no limit to what you can recover for your pain, suffering, and emotional distress.
A Lawyer From Allen & Scofield Injury Lawyers, LLC Can Help You
No one plans to get into a car crash. One minute, you’re on your way to work, the next minute your life is turned upside down by a careless driver. The days following a collision are crucial. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a crash, reach out to the Atlanta car accident lawyers at Allen & Scofield Injury Lawyers, LLC right away.